Weight Tracker

Thursday, October 20, 2011

Strength!!!

So it has been a very, very emotional week. On Friday, a young, 13 year old boy in our neighbourhood accidentally killed himself by playing a game of auto-asphyxiation. I can not begin to explain how sick it was to learn of the details, at the same time joing a community and family in mourning this young life. I strongly urge all parents to speak to your children about this "game". I was surprised, when speaking to my 9 and 6 year old that they already new about it. Do not be naive. We continued to speak that some of these decisions have deadly consequences. Knowledge is power!

About a month ago, my 90 year old Baba took a fall down about 13 stairs - never broke a bone but hurt her shoulder and was pretty bruised up. On Monday, she was admitted to the hospital because her resting heart rate was way over 100. They have put her on blood thinners and continue to run tests. Hopefulloy she will be out of the hospital in a day or two.

And, as everyone knows that things happen in three's, today an aquaintance of my from high school, advises me that he underwent tests last week and they found a brain tumor. WTF!!! How sad, so enough is enough, I am trying to remain positive in the midst of all this shit.

I went to weigh in this morning as was down 3.2 pounds. I had actually gained last week 1.4 so the net result is 1.8 pounds, which I am totally happy with.

Hug your loved ones with extra tight hugs and tell them you love them! Life is too short to wait.

:O)

No comments:

Post a Comment