Weight Tracker

Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Sometimes Life is Just Really Hard!

Without getting into all the details, I had a very "trying" day on Sunday. It completely sucked all the energy out of me and for the first time in a long time I caved into the emotional eating.

I was aware that I was doing it, knew I shouldn't have been, but did not stop myself. However, what I did do, is say to myself "If you do need to emotionally eat, do it wisely." And by goodness, that is exactly what I did. I indulged in fresh cucumbers and carrots and had a piece of apple crisp.

Immediately proceeding said cave in, I went for a nap and awoke an hour later in a much better shape.

I really hate when this happens because I become rather grouchy and don't feel it is fair to the people around me. I even explained to my kids that I was grouchy and mom needed a break. They were so good with it.

It's all about thinking first and working through the difficulties, while being as honest as you possibly can.

Still hoping for good things at weigh in on Thursday, but time and the scale will only tell.

Here's to staying positive!!! :O)

No comments:

Post a Comment