Weight Tracker

Thursday, June 2, 2011

Weigh In Week 3

Success!! Down another 1.4 pounds.

Every week when I go to meetings, I get nervous. As I am driving I can feel my stomach getting more anxious by the minute. How crazy is that? This past week had a whole lot of crazy to it and I guess I was just hoping the scale would still cooperate.

I always feeling a weight being lifted off my shoulder, once the leader tells me I did a good job and lost weight. Why is it that I need that reassurance? Is it that I have low self esteem, because I have never really pegged me to be that type of person? Is it I need others to validate my success?

My preference would be to go about doing my thing, making healthier food choices and incorporating exercise, quietly go to the meetings, weigh in, listen to the meeting and leave unnoticed.

Maybe it's that I am a bit embarrased for letting my weight get out of control. I never used to be overweight. Like many others, mine has crept up in the past 8 years since having children. But how does one gain 100 frickin' pounds in 8 years and not get a hold on it sooner. Oh well, there is no use dwelling.

I have made the conscious decision to say goodbye to the added baggage so I am around for a long time.

:O)

No comments:

Post a Comment